A new Australian-developed mapping software release is set to grow the use of Geographic Information System (GIS) technology within hundreds of organisations around the country.
Some of the country’s most influential geospatial experts have been brought together to give one outstanding Australian student the opportunity to showcase their talents on the international stage.
Seven News has used GIS technology to reveal the Queensland suburbs with the highest number of serious driving offences.
The Department for Communities and Social Inclusion (DCSI) has launched a public information search tool called MapIQ. MapIQ focuses on connecting the citizen to community based services in their neighbourhood and to the wider community.
The risk of powerlines sparking major bushfires can be significantly reduced with cutting-edge mapping technology, according to a visiting international expert.
- Perth joins international network in ‘Urban Observatory’31 Jan
- Buried services mapping technology ensures Sino Iron project is always on solid ground20 Jan
- Bundaberg Council says mapping technology crucial to flood rescues17 Jan
- High-tech map apps send families on timeless adventures14 Jan
- NSW put emergency response technology on the map08 Jan
- New online system to beef up stock route management20 Dec
- Bluetooth mapping technology the answer to retail blues17 Dec
- Next-gen map apps open world of geography to kids 11 Dec
- Online portal secures sustainable future for WA08 Nov
- Technology breathes new life into ancient maps06 Nov
- Geography of horror maps out film’s greatest death-traps29 Oct
- Online fire map live streams key NSW bushfire information21 Oct
- New approach to amphibious operations necessary to protect Asia Pacific interests, says expert18 Oct
- Landmark technology study officially released26 Sep
- Global technology icon coming to the Asia Pacific24 Sep
- Aussie ports need tech investment to navigate global downturn13 Sep
- Disaster technology could help find lost hikers in Australia11 Sep
- Gosford's gem sets national benchmark23 May
- Sophisticated Mapping Technology Gives Ratepayers Unique Insight Into New Rates13 Dec
- 'GeoDesign' to Usher in New Era for Community Consultation20 Jun