To prepare for your training session:
- Install Microsoft Teams, or use a web browser that supports Microsoft Teams.
- Arrange a quiet room where you will not be disturbed while attending your course training.
- Ensure access to a headset and microphone to engage with your trainer as well as a second monitor to view the course materials.
- If you haven’t received an email from your instructors 3-5 days before your course start date, please notify them via email.
Virtual Training FAQs
- Will the course timings be the same?
Yes, all virtual classroom training will work to the same timing as an in-person training course. There will still be allocated times for breaks and lunch, which your instructor will make you aware of at the start of each day.
- Which platform is used to deliver virtual training courses?
The virtual training course will be delivers via Mircrosoft Teams. We will contact you two (2) weeks prior to the start date to provide the meeting invite, ensure you are prepared and ready to participate, provide additional instructions and to answer any questions you might have.
- Can I attend the training online when I'm working from home?
Yes, you will be able to attend the training from any computer with a stable internet connection.
- I am not sure whether the computer I have access to is able to run ArcMap/ ArcGIS Pro. Will this stop me from attending the training?
No, you will still be able to attend the training, as long as you have access to a computer, and stable internet connection.
We will provide virtual machines configured with everything you need for the course — we recommend checking your web browser to ensure it can support these virtual machines by running this test.
If your browser is not able to run the virtual machines please contact us beforehand.
- How will you be providing course materials?
We will be providing all course materials (training data and training manuals) to you prior to the start date. Details will be provided to you with all of the necessary course information closer to the training date.
- How do I connect with a trainer? With other course participants?
Your Virtual Classroom is delivered via Microsoft Teams. This online tool includes a chat window that you can use to communicate with your instructor and other course participants. We recommend you test your microphone, speakers and video prior to the course to ensure you are ready and able to fully participate.
Screen sharing is also available through the virtual classroom, enabling you to make it a truly interactive and two-way sharing experience.
Your trainer will connect with you prior to the class to ensure we can answer any questions you might have.
- Will I still receive a certificate for attending the virtual training?
Yes, you will still receive a certificate. This course is still the equivalent PDP of the in-person training course. It is simply a different delivery method. You will receive your certificate via email, post completion of the course. If desirable, you can opt to have your certificate delivered via mail. Please let our trainers know this is your preference.
- Do I need two screens to attend the training?
While it is not essential, we would recommend that you use two screens during the training event, so that you can have the relevant software open on one screen, and the virtual training platform/ training manual available on the second.
- Can I access the Virtual Classroom from a Mac?
Yes, Microsoft Teams is supported on Mac computers and we provide a virtual desktop machine with ArcGIS set up and ready to go for Mac users. To access this you will need to install Microsoft Remote Desktop from the app store. If this is applicable to you please let the instructor know when they provide you the details for your course.
- Do I need to install the Microsoft Teams client?
We recommend you do, although you can access the course from a browser.
- What Esri software needs to be installed?
Your instructor will inform you of what software is required prior to the commencement of the course.
- Do I need a keyboard and mouse?
Although you can get away without a separate keyboard, we highly recommend you use a separate mouse.