Answers to frequently asked training questions
Below you'll find our GIS training FAQs – including course recommendations for new starters and details about the types of training we offer. Alternatively, if you would like to contact an Esri Australia training services specialist, call 1300 635 196 or submit an online enquiry.
- I'm new to GIS - where do I start?
- What training products and learning options do you offer?
Esri Australia offers many training products and learning options, including scheduled courses, client-exclusive training, knowledge transfers and eLearning. We have also introduced Learning and Services Units, which provide you with a flexible way to manage your organisation’s GIS professional development requirements.
- I have completed a training course. What is my next step?
There are many course pathways you are able to pursue. The main topics are geodatabases, web application development, server and visualisation, and editing and analysis. Learn more about the range of courses available.
- I have been using another GIS vendor's software for a while. What course would you suggest I take to get me started with ArcGIS?
One of the most challenging elements when transitioning to a new software product is gaining a solid understanding of the terminology. Contact one of our training consultants to discuss the best pathway for you. Alternatively, you can call 1300 635 196.
- I can't see the course that I want - where do I find it?
- If my colleagues all want to do the same course, can we have a course at our workplace?
- Can we have customised training for our staff?
Esri Australia offers more than 30 different training courses. Topics include desktop and enterprise technology, specialised applications, geodatabases and more.
We realise that when it comes to training, one size doesn't fit all. That's why we offer a variety of on-site and online training options that can be customised to suit.