Enter the Esri Australia Young Scholar Award competition
The Esri Young Scholars Award gives students from across the country the opportunity to attend the world’s largest spatial technology conference – the 2021 Esri User Conference – and network with fellow Young Scholar award recipients from around the world.
The national competition celebrates excellence in geospatial sciences, and is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students studying geospatial disciplines at Australian universities.
We recognise that it is early in the semester, so we encourage you to submit work from the previous university year.
As well as receiving an all-access virtual pass to the world’s biggest spatial event, you will have your work digitally displayed alongside other Young Scholar works from around the world.
Not to mention, you will also have the chance to network with both Esri Education staff and other young scholar award recipients.
The winning student will receive a prize package including:
- All access pass to the Esri Education Summit (virtual)
- All access pass to the Esri User Conference (virtual)
- Your work displayed in the Esri User Conference Map Gallery, available to all attendees
- Networking with Young Scholar award recipients from across the world
- An ArcGIS for Personal Use license
- Training package valued at $4,250
- A chance to kick start your career
How to enter
To be in the running to become the 2021 Australian Young Scholar, you need to submit an exciting project or research paper that uses Esri GIS technology*. Your submission must include:
- Your completed ‘Young Scholar Entry Form’
- Your Young Scholars entry (software development/application or report)
- A written response (no more than 500 words) outlining the purpose of your project, its value, and why you should be the Australian Esri Young Scholar
- A one-page poster that provides an overview of your project or report. The poster must be 300dpi and a .pdf or .png file
- Proof you are currently enrolled as a student at an Australian university – in the form of a letter from your lecturer/tutor and a photocopy of your university ID
The competition closes on Sunday 18th of April at 5:00pm AEST.
Entries will be judged by a panel of experts representing commercial, government and industry sectors – based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and/or innovation
- Real-world relevancy
- Application of Esri technology
- Technical merit
The judging panel will select the 2021 Australian Esri Young Scholar, with a public announcement made via Esri Australia’s website and social media channels.
Judges to be announced shortly.
*View the 2021 competition terms and conditions.
Where are they now?
For an insight into what your future might hold, read about the previous Esri Young Scholar Award recipients.