ArcGIS Publisher lets you easily share and distribute your GIS maps, globes, and data with anyone. Using ArcGIS Publisher, you can convert ArcGIS map and globe documents to published map files (PMFs) that are viewable with ArcReader, a free application.
PMFs contain instructions about the location and symbology of data layers so you can securely share dynamic electronic maps locally, over networks, or via the Internet. ArcGIS Publisher also enables you to easily package PMFs together with their data, if desired.
With ArcGIS Publisher, you can:
- Easily provide interactive maps and 3D globes to your users;
- Protect your maps and data from inappropriate use;
- Create rich, interactive maps that meet your users' needs;
- Provide efficient and controlled access to enterprise GIS data;
- Easily package the required data and maps for distribution; and
- Build custom viewers for your maps.
ArcGIS Publisher is an ideal extension for:
- Organisations that need to distribute maps within their companies;
- Data providers that want to distribute pre-authored maps with their data;
- Government agencies that need to distribute data and maps to the public; and
- GIS developers who want to build custom map viewers.