Spatial communication for forestry management
This article outlines a strategy brief on how GIS helps the US Forest Service measure forest conditions, look for patterns and relationships, and build dialogue about forest planning, policy and legislation.
Read the brief to learn how GIS helps environmental managers:
- Measure environmental threats
- Identify degraded forest conditions
- Monitor watershed condition
- Share maps with stakeholders
- Collaboratively engage in policies
To find out more about GIS in environmental management, call 1800 870 750 or view more resources.