ArcGIS Network Analyst
ArcGIS Network Analyst provides spatial network analysis, such as routing, fleet routing, travel directions, closest facility, service area, and location-allocation.
Using ArcGIS Network Analyst, you can dynamically model realistic network conditions, including one-way streets, turn and height restrictions, speed limits, and variable travel speeds based on traffic. You can easily build networks from your GIS data by using a sophisticated network data model.
With ArcGIS Network Analyst, you can:
- Find shortest routes;
- Produce the most efficient routes for a fleet of vehicles that must visit many locations;
- Use time windows to limit when vehicles can arrive at locations;
- Locate closest facilities;
- Determine optimal locations for facilities by performing a location-allocation analysis;
- Define service areas based on travel time or distance;
- Create a network using your existing GIS data; and
- Generate a matrix of network travel costs from each origin to all destinations.
ArcGIS Network Analyst is also available as an extension for ArcGIS for Server and ArcGIS Engine.