ArcGIS Image Extension for Server
The Image extension broadens the capabilities of ArcGIS for Server by enabling dynamic mosaicking and on-the-fly processing for large numbers of images.
The ArcGIS for Server Image extension maximises the value of your imagery through simplified data management, maintenance, and faster access times, making the full information content of your imagery accessible.
With this extension, you can:
- Provide imagery access quickly after acquisition with dynamic mosaicking and on-the-fly processing;
- Minimise data duplication while maximising the amount of imagery products that can be created because image processing and serving has been combined; and
- Remove the reliance on static mosaics and allow users to request custom imagery with client-controllable parameters.
Why use ArcGIS Image Extension for Server?
The image extension tremendously simplifies image management by allowing users to directly publish large image collections without pre-processing.
With ArcGIS Image Extension for Server, you can:
- Dynamically mosaic images in different projections, formats, locations, and pixel sizes;
- Create multiple image products from a single source on-the-fly thanks to fast, server-based processing enables;
- Provide important service and image level metadata; and
- Serve very large volumes and numbers of rasters to a large range of client applications using effortless distribution.
The ArcGIS for Server Image Extension requires ArcGIS for Server Standard or Advanced edition.
Creating Effective Web Applications Using ArcGIS Server(V10.0)
Esri Australia Creating Effective Web Applications Using ArcGIS Server, intermediate training course. Learn the basic design principles for creating Web mapping applications.
Authoring and Serving ArcGIS Mobile Projects (V10.1)
Esri Australia Authoring and Serving ArcGIS Mobile Projects intermediate training course. Learn how to create mobile GIS projects using ready-to-deploy ArcGIS Mobile functionality.