ArcScan for ArcGIS
ArcScan for ArcGIS provides a powerful and easy-to-use set of tools for raster-to-vector data conversion.
With ArcScan for ArcGIS, you can create line and/or polygon vector features directly from raster images by interactively tracing the images.
ArcScan for ArcGIS also offers batch vectorisation capabilities to create vector features from a selected area or the entire image. Simple raster editing tools allow you to erase or fill in areas of the raster prior to performing batch conversion to increase efficiency and minimise post-processing.
With ArcScan for ArcGIS, you can:
- Create shapefile or geodatabase line and polygon features directly from raster images;
- Perform interactive or batch mode raster-to-vector data conversion;
- Clean up unwanted parts of a raster image prior to batch vectorisation;
- Use raster snapping capabilities to make interactive tracing more accurate and efficient; and
- Select groups of raster cells by querying for connected areas.
ArcScan for ArcGIS is an ideal solution for a wide range of organisations that perform data automation, including:
- Government agencies and local government organisations with parcel or town planning maps ;
- Utilities that map water, gas, and electrical facilities; and
- Natural resources agencies that create forestry or agricultural stands, soils, geology, and hydrology maps.
For more details about ArcScan for ArcGIS, contact us today on 1800 447 111.
This white paper provides an overview of the various features and functions available in ArcScan for ArcGIS.