ArcPad Key Features
Find out more about:
- New Extensions - A new ArcPad AXF Reader allows the import of AXF feature layers into compatible formats using the FME Extension for ArcGIS.
- Customisation Capabilities - Python scripting is now recognised in ArcPad. You can now create a new Python source file using ArcPad Studio or your preferred script editor (requires use of the Python programming language and the PyWin32 Python Extensions for Windows).
- Improved Toolbars – You can now create a custom ArcPad toolbar or multiple toolbars for various projects and tasks. Adding, deleting, or modifying standard ArcPad tools can now be achieved more easily.
- Improved Graphics Layer and Support for Annotation Targets - ArcGIS map annotation groups are now exported as individual graphics layers.
- Shortcut to Create ArcPad Apps – You can now create a shortcut to launch ArcPad projects from the desktop or Main Menu screen.
- Updated Help System - The ArcPad help system has been improved with new topics and enhancements to menus and features.
ArcGIS for Server ArcPad Extension
Publish ArcPad projects to ArcGIS for Server using the ArcGIS for Server ArcPad extension. Any device that can connect to the Internet (by cradle, USB, Wi-Fi, or phone connection) can synchronise ArcPad edits directly with the enterprise geodatabase via ArcGIS for Server Advanced Enterprise edition.
ArcPad Data Manager Extension for ArcGIS for Desktop
A mobile component of ArcGIS, ArcPad integrates with desktop GIS technologies to allow field edits to be incorporated into a geodatabase through disconnected editing. It replaces the ArcPad tools for ArcGIS for Desktop that came with previous versions of ArcPad.
Mobile applications and tasks can be customised using ArcPad Studio - the development framework for creating extensions, applets, and tools with ArcPad.