ArcGIS Spatial Analyst Key Features
ArcGIS Spatial Analyst provides a range of sophisticated spatial data tools to facilitate modelling and analysis.
- Use ArcGIS Spatial Analyst to select the best location for a new site.
- Build and analyse complex surfaces to identify patterns or features.
- Calculate the cost of travel, cost-weighted distance, least-cost path, and shortest path using ArcGIS Spatial Analyst.
- Calculate a density value for each cell in an output raster.
- Calculate incoming solar radiation to model and analyse its effects.
- Derive new information from hydrologic and landscape data.
- Apply cell, neighborhood, zonal overlay, and multivariate statistical analysis techniques to the modelling of your spatial data.
- Use map algebra to combine multiple maps, perform suitability analyses, assign weights, and identify relationships.
Scripting and Customisation
- Create custom models and analysis functions with ArcGIS Spatial Analyst customisation options.
- Use ModelBuilder, a graphic modelling tool, to create advanced procedures and workflows.
- Generalise your data to omit unnecessary detail.