Cutting-edge mapping technology that lets overseas emergency organisations use social media to build natural disaster intelligence should be adopted in Australia, according to the former Director of Volunteer Services for Queensland’s 36,000 volunteer fire fighters.
The operators of the world’s largest bulk commodity port have used advanced Geographic Information System (GIS) technology to develop an intelligent multi-layered mapping platform that provides a crystal-clear view of the port’s existing and future infrastructure.
Consumers walking into their favourite fashion store may soon be greeted by staff who already have the perfect outfit ready for them, according to mapping technology expert, Gary Johnson.
One of the Asia Pacific's most experienced spatial technology specialists has been appointed to head of professional services for the Victorian and Tasmanian arms of Geographic Information System (GIS) giant, Esri Australia.
OSIsoft, producer of the PI System, the leading operational data infrastructure for real-time data and events, and Esri, the global leader in geographic information systems (GIS), today announced a strategic partnership to execute on the vision of real-time GIS.
- Landmark study predicts rise of council smartphone apps18 Apr
- Study forecasts bright future for GIS industry18 Apr
- Sharing GIS next step in building national security21 Mar
- Real-life disaster imaging needed for next Aussie crisis21 Mar
- Global university spatial competition an Aussie student's golden ticket20 Mar
- UK GeoRisk expert to advise disaster-hit Aussie insurers14 Mar
- GIS technology critical in flood battle07 Mar
- Insurers must respond to disasters faster05 Mar
- Technology joins WA fight against violent crime26 Feb
- Fight against child obesity gets a technological boost21 Feb
- 3D adds extra dimension to Townsville's development future21 Feb
- Maintenance is water under the bridge for new technology19 Feb
- US anti-gang technology could help curb bikie violence18 Feb
- GIS research finds visitors at greater risk than locals at Victorian beaches06 Feb
- Sunshine Coast leads the pack with development web map05 Feb
- National study to map councils' technology use30 Jan
- Mapping technology saves $3M for Airportlink project14 Dec
- Gosford's gem sets national benchmark23 May
- Sophisticated Mapping Technology Gives Ratepayers Unique Insight Into New Rates13 Dec
- Albany's ANZAC Legend Inspires Student Innovation22 Aug
- 'GeoDesign' to Usher in New Era for Community Consultation20 Jun