Migrating to ArcGIS 10.1 for Server
This course provides workflows and practical strategies for migrating to ArcGIS 10.1 for Server
Duration – 2 days
Accrue 8 CPD points. Learn more about the SSSI CPD Program.
City / Dates
- 16-17 July 2013
- 25-26 June 2013
- 3-4 September 2013
- 4-5 March 2014
- 22-23 October 2013
- 11-12 June 2013
What is the course about?
This course provides an overview of new workflows you can follow to successfully migrate to ArcGIS 10.1 for Server. ArcGIS 10.1 for Server introduces a new services architecture based on widely adopted web standards that supports richer functionality, simpler installation and administration, and better performance and scalability. You will learn what these changes mean for your existing system and get the information and hands-on experience you need to implement a suitable migration strategy for your organisation.
Am I ready for this course?
Experienced administrators of a version 10.0, 9.3.1, or 9.3 ArcGIS for Server system who need to install, manage, and support an ArcGIS 10.1 for Server system.
What skills will I learn?
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Choose an appropriate migration pattern based on your resources and organizational needs.
- Prepare for migration by documenting and backing up existing GIS web services, applications, map caches, and security configurations.
- Install ArcGIS 10.1 for Server, deploy one or more GIS servers, and connect GIS servers to a web server.
- Migrate existing caches, services, security configurations, applications, and supporting resources to an ArcGIS 10.1 for Server system.
- Apply new workflows to efficiently publish high-performing services.
- Implement new features that enhance the end user and administrative experience.
Are there any prerequisites?
Experience configuring and managing a version 10.0, 9.3.1, or 9.3 ArcGIS for Server system is required.